Maple Cinnamon Drizzled Oatmeal Fig Cookies
1 package pre-made Pillsbury sugar cookie dough
¼ cup toasted walnuts, chopped
¾ cup old fashioned oats
2 tsp cinnamon
10 dried black mission figs
¼ cup powdered sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
3-4 tsp maple syrup
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Remove stems from dried figs, cut in half lengthwise and set aside.
- Mix cookie dough, walnuts, oatmeal and cinnamon in a large working bowl with hands until combined.
- Scoop ping pong ball sized mounds of cookie dough onto a non-stick baking sheet and press a small indentation into the mound with the back of a spoon. Place fig half in indentation.
- Bake in pre-heated oven for 5 minutes. Rotate rack 180 degrees and bake for an additional 3-4 minutes, or until cookie is golden brown.
- Remove cookies from oven and let sit on baking sheet for 2 minutes. Then remove to cooling racks.
- While cookies are baking, combine powdered sugar, cinnamon and 2 teaspoons maple syrup in a small bowl. Combine with a small whisk or fork until mixture comes together. Continue to add maple syrup ½ teaspoon at a time until mixture reaches a drizzle consistency.
- Drizzle maple cinnamon mixture over warm cookies, eat and ENJOY!!