Whole Wheat Pasta Fresca with Chicken
4 oz dry whole wheat pasta
2 chicken breasts
S&P, garlic powder, onion powder
1 T olive oil
1/2 small red onion, halved and thinly sliced
2 T chopped garlic
2 big handfuls fresh, baby spinach
1 cup fresh tomatoes, chopped
1/4 cup vegetable broth
1/3 cup white wine
Sprinkle red pepper flakes
1 T dried parsley (or 3 T fresh parsley)
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add 2 tablespoons salt to the water and cook pasta according to package directions.
- Season chicken breasts with S&P, garlic and onion powder and grill 6-7 minutes a side.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet and add sliced red onions. Cook until slightly translucent, about 3-4 minutes. Add chopped garlic and cook for an additional 30 sections.
- Add spinach to the skillet and toss to coat with oil. Allow to cook until slightly wilted, about 1 minute. Add chopped tomatoes and cook until heated through.
- Add cooked pasta, vegetable broth and white wine to skillet. Stir to mix and let cook for 1-2 minutes, or until the alcohol has a chance to evaporate.
- Add dried pepper flakes and parsley to the skillet and give one final stir.
- Serve in bowls topped with grilled chicken and feta cheese. Enjoy!