Lemon Pepper Chicken with Artichoke Salsa
4 chicken breasts
Lemon Pepper seasoning
1 bunch asparagus
4 handfuls baby spinach
2 small, ripe tomatoes**
1 can quartered artichoke hearts, drained and roughly chopped
2 T capers
1/4 small red onion, diced
1 lemon, juiced
1 T chopped garlic
Sprinkle of red pepper flakes
3-4 dashes of dried oregano, or to taste
1-2 dashes of dried thyme, or to taste
Reduced-fat Italian salad dressing
- Spray chicken breasts with non-stick spray and season with lemon pepper on both sides. Grill 6-7 minutes a side, or until chicken is no longer pink in the middle
- Snap bottoms of asparagus stalks off and cook using any of the following methods:
- Microwave with a little water in a microwave safe dish or steamer for 4-5 minutes
- Roast in a 450 degree oven with a little olive oil and S&P for 5-6 minutes, shaking the pan half way through
- Spray with non-stick spray and lay on the grill for 3-4 minutes, rolling stalks to grill on both sides half way through
- In a medium sized bowl, combine ingredients for artichoke salsa. Add reduced-fat Italian salad dressing until desired consistency is reached.
- Place a handful of spinach on a plate or in a bowl and top with cooked asparagus. Lay grilled chicken down and top with artichoke salsa. Sprinkle feta cheese on top. Serve!
* You could use any type of cheese you like to garnish this dish – or omit it all together!
**This is also really good topped with chopped, fresh tomatoes – or with sundried tomatoes added into the artichoke salsa!