Did anyone happen to watch LOST last night!? Oh Sawyer, you melt my heart!! I have always had a “thing” for him and last night **spoiler alert** when Juliet fell down the hole and he started sobbing…omg my heart just broke 😦 I love you Sawyer! Aight, enough tube talk 🙂
Today I made, you guessed it – tropical oatmeal! However, today I made a hot tub for my apricots and I think they were pleased.
In my bowl:
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup each of milk and water
- splash of almond extract and cinnamon
- 1 medium banana
- 3 dried apricots
- toasted almonds & coconut
- sugar-free maple syrup whirlpool
I was stuffed to the GILLS after eating this bowl! It had no more ingredients than usual, but it definitely fillllled me up! I was going to try the sugar-free coconut syrup in my bowl today too, but I chickened out…maybe tomorrow!
Lunch is a semi-repeat of taco salads!
- Mixed greens
- Snap peas
- Chopped tomatoes
- Black Beans
Doesn’t this look fresh…and refreshing?!
I also brought a package of cocoa roasted almonds – these are the best!! Oh-so chocolatey and delicious.
Well friends, it’s Thursday – Three Question Thursday to be exact! So without further ado, tell me:
- If you could have one super power, what would it be? Would you wear a cape?
- What ‘s your favorite “guilty pleasure” show?
- What would you choose for your ideal last meal on earth?
- Flying – for sure! And of course, I would wear a cape – it could double as a blanket…I’m always cold!
- Laguna Beach! Always and forever…never to be replaced.
- Oh wow – I would definitely go to Japan. First I’d start in Michiba (great little town near Tokyo) and get two orders of freshly made gyoza – kind of like pot stickers – from this little hole in the wall restaurant that I loved. Then, I’d head to Sobudaimae (little town where I lived) and go to Yoshinoya and get myself a carb-phobe’s nightmare – a Yoshinoya beef bowl. Then I’d head down the street and get myself a Tokyo style ramen noodle bowl from The Peach restaurant. I’d wash all of that down with a raspberry Chu-Hi, then fly home to my parents house and have my mom’s apple crisp. Yep, that pretty much covers it all!!!!
Yoshinoya Beef Bowl:
Tokyo style Ramen Noodles:
**not my pictures!