Good afternoon everyone!
Last night sure was fun 🙂 Ben came home and we had a beer on the back deck. We also had some company!
When it got too hot to bear, we moved inside, I made a Blended Watermelon Martini and we watched the season finale of Ugly Betty. Dear Heavens I love that show…maybe I’ll go as Betty for Halloween!
My Blended Watermelon Martini had:
- 1.5 cups fresh watermelon
- 6-7 ice cubes
- ~2 shots of strawberry vodka
I blended these ingredients up and got a frothy, juicy, sweet and tasty martini! It was sooo refreshing and the FOAM was so much fun to drink. I drank about half my mixture and served my “martini” in a cocktail glass 🙂
This morning I got up around 10:00 (I know…can you believe it?) I was actually up at 7, but dozed until 10 but when I finally rose, I set out to run/walk 5.15 miles. I didn’t do my scheduled 30 minute tempo run yesterday, so I upped the ante today with the longer distance. It was soooooo gorgeous out!! Rain Schmain…you forecasters don’t know what you’re talking about! It was the perfect kind of hot too – a little muggy, but not oppressively muggy – and a tiny little breeze to cool the whole situation off. I felt really good afterwards!
Maybe part of the reason I felt really good afterwards is because I made another breakfast burrito! Same mix as last time:
- 1 egg + 2 egg whites
- 1 Flat Out wrap
- sprinkle of cheese
- 2 strips of bacon, microwaved
Once again this sucker was ready in about 4 minutes. Holla! She was so full, that she busted. So I ate her with a fork! This may be my new go to meal…so delicious.
Well Ben and I are heading over to a friends’ house for a Birthday/Memorial Day BBQ today! Knowing there are going to be lots and lots of goodies over there, I’m going to be following my trusty BBQ/Party tips and guidelines:
- Don’t fill up on food that you can easily eat any other time. For instance – don’t fill up on Lay’s potato chips. You can go buy Lay’s potato chips at the nearest gas station any day of the week. Your Mom’s homemade baked beans…yeah! Have some – you don’t get to have those all the time!
- Work out before you go. There’s nothing better than being at a party surrounded by good food knowing that, if you choose to, you can eat a little more than usual since you worked out!
- Take one plate and remind yourself that this is it. Eat slowly and make your food last! If you’re still hungry after you’ve slowly eaten your meal, by all means go back – don’t starve yourself – but still use that plate to keep a mental check on how much you’ve eaten.
- Don’t beat yourself up if you overindulge – you can’t go back and change what happened. Learn from your mistakes – tomorrow is a new day!
Of course, I don’t ALWAYS follow these guidelines, I’m human. But when I do – I always feel really good leaving the party!
What are you’re tips and tricks to healthfully making your way through a BBQ?
Have a safe and happy day doing whatever it is you’re doing! 8)