Sunny and 75 today with temps in the 80’s through the weekend – WAHOO!!! 8) Gosh, the past two days of rain has really brought this girl down – I am SO jazzed for warm, summery weather ahead!
Ok I’m showcasing eats backwards today…starting with lunch. In honor of the summer weather – last night I made a delicious fruit salad to pack for lunch today! Let’s see, what have we got here…pineapple, mango & kiwi!
There’s nothing more refreshing than fruit salad on a hot summer day…sooo delish!
I’ll be continuing the fruit fest with some Lemon Meringue Yoplait Yogurt!
I also packed a Cranberry Apple Cherry CLIF bar…and just for you I opened the package so you can see what it looks like 🙂
Hmmm…seems as though we’ve got chunks of dried cranberries, apples and cherries and in there. I wonder where they came up with the name?! 😉 I’ll let you know how it tastes!
OH – and I need to tell you about yesterday’s Key Lime Pie Yoplait Yogurt! Ok, yes it has a lot of sugar (14g) – but HOly cow…I could seriously taste the pie crust…that’s how close to the real thing this yogurt gets! It was so tasty!
Continuing this backwards post – onto breakfast! Unfortunately, this girl has a case of an upset tum today, so instead of eating first thing this morning (alert, alert – I’m not hungry, notify the press as this has never happened) I packed my breakfast to eat when I do get hungry!
A banana, natch:
4 black mission figs…all lined up like perfect fig soldiers 🙂
And the only 100 calorie pack of food I’ll eat – Cocoa Roasted almonds!! Tastes like hot chocolate folks!
Well, would you look at that! Even when I’m not eating oatmeal, I still find a way to eat all my normal oatmeal toppings! The stomach wants what it wants!
Ok – it’s time for three question Thursday…the Food Edition!
1. Do you have a food or drink that you must have everyday? Something you just don’t feel right going to bed at the end of the day if you haven’t had?
2. Do you eat organically?
3. What’s your favorite appetizer?
1. A piece of fruit. I don’t know why, but if I haven’t had a piece of fruit at some point during the day I feel icky and malnourished. Plus, the food pyramid says we should have 2-4 servings of fruit a day! I feel like I usually get that covered at breakfast…
2. I can honestly tell you that a lot of organic foods – such as fresh produce – taste MUCH better than their non-organic counter-parts. That said, I am a budget diva and if it’s not on sale, I don’t normally buy organic foods.
3. Toughie. While I do LOVE Beanis & Tortilla Chips, I think my heart belongs to Bacon Wrapped Dates. OMG – they are so amazing. I also LOVE Baked Brie and Apple Slices…wait a second, that’s three appetizers…
Happy sunny Thursday everyone!