Good Morning Amigos!
My morning walk was canceled today due to my Mom having a wee bit of a headache. So I slept in – glorious! – but slept in too much and am running late – Rats!
I made my normal bowl of oats for breakfast but stopped after two bites and said to myself “Hmmmm…something is not.right. Where’s the girth? The sweetness? What’s happening?!” Due to the fact that I was rushing, I had forgotten to add my standard banana 😦 She was sorely missed! But don’t worry, my bowl was still delish. It had:
- ½ cup each of old fashioned oats, skim milk and water
- dash of cinnamon and vanilla
- 2 black mission figs
- 2 dried apricots
- 2 T unsulphured coconut shreds
- Drizzle of sugar-free syrup
Perfectly sweet, creamy, chewy and hearty!
My slightly off morning continued with a look around the fridge, only to find that there was zippo for lunch, folks! You know me – Miss Type A – I ALWAYS plan the next day’s lunch the night before…but for some reason last night, I had decided to wing it in the morning. Perfect morning to wing it right? Drat! It was all good though. I packed one of my favorite food combos – Cheese and Apples. That’s ~1oz Colby Jack cheese with one sliced, Braeburn apple.
I love sweet and savory combos – they’re so satisfying, don’t you think?
I also packed a Black Cherry Almond CLIF Bar. These babies are perfect for days like today – I can just grab them and go. I know they fill me up and taste delicious.
Look at the giant almond chunks! I LOVE finding big pieces of nuts (that’s what she said) in my bars!
Considering everything that’s happened today, I’m actually in a pretty decent mood! It’s gorgeous outside and I should have a pretty good day at work. No meetings = plenty of time to get stuff done!
Also putting me in a good mood is, of course, the fact that it’s Three Question Thursday! I really look forward to Thursday’s for this very reason – I just really like to hear what you guys have to say! So, without further ado, here they are friends:
- Do you have any summer vacation plans you’re excited about?
- Would you rather live in a place with seasons, or somewhere that’s warm or cold (if you’re into that!) all year round?
- Is your car clean or messy?
- VEGAS Baby!!!! I’ve never been and we’re going with my 2 best friends and their husbands in July – Can’t wait!
- Warm all year round. I know I told you my favorite season is fall, but I just can’t take winters anymore. Almost 26 years of blistering cold has weakened me!!
- I am a Grade-A clean freak/germaphobe, so I wouldn’t necessarily call my car messy. However, since I’m not in it a lot and “out of sight, out of mind” is a real thing, I tend to let things up such as magazines, water bottles, etc pile up…I’m actually kind of freaking out just thinking about it…
Have a GREAT day everyone!