1. Clean and wash your mango. Get out a cutting board and sharp knife.
2. Stand your mango up on one end with the fatter ends facing out. This is what you’ll be cutting off. Slice off one half of the fruit. There is a large, flat pit running most of the length of the fruit, which is what you are cutting next to.
3. Turn your mango around and cut off the other half. If your knife meets some resistance, come out a little ways to avoid the pit.
4. Cut horizontally through the fruit halves, without piercing through the outside skin. Rotate and cut across your first cuts to form squares.
5. Push on the outside of the skin to turn the fruit inside out.
6. Cut the halves into smaller sections and slice along the bottom of the skin to remove fruit.
7. Discard empty peels and enjoy your mango!
Buying tip: Look for a mango that is a combination of red, orange and yellow with some green. The more green, the less ripe the fruit it. Give the mango a little squeeze with your thumb – it if gives a little, it should be ripe enough to eat!