This frittata takes advantage of super fresh vegetables and herbs to make it light, but includes leftover pasta and parmesan cheese to make the frittata hearty and satisfying.
1 small head of broccoli, chopped
1/2 yellow squash, diced
2 whole eggs + 4 egg whites
Splash of water
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
1 tsp fresh thyme
1/4 cup chopped, sundried tomatoes (hydrated, or packed in oil)
1/3 cup leftover small pasta
1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Turn oven onto broil. Steam chopped broccoli and diced yellow squash for 5 minutes.
2. While vegetables are steaming, whisk eggs, water, S&P and parmesan cheese.
3. Add fresh thyme, sundried tomatoes, leftover pasta and steamed vegetables to the egg mixture and combine.
4. Spray large skillet with non-stick spray and pour egg and vegetable mixture in. Stir mixture a little with a spatula, then let cook until bottom is set – about 3-4 minutes.
5. Top frittata with mozzarella cheese and put under broiler until top is set and cheese is golden brown – about 5 minutes.
6. Let cool for a couple minutes, slice and serve. Enjoy!