It’s BAAAAaaack! Oatmeal! Toasted Coconut & Almond Banana Oatmeal to be exact!
In the mix:
- 1/2 cup each of old fashioned oats, skim milk & water
- splash of vanilla & cinnamon
- 1 medium banana
- ~2 T toasted coconut
- ~2 T toasted almonds
- drizzle of sugar-free syrup
This simple oatmeal combo is so good. The crunchy almonds and coconut are the perfect contrast to the creamy banana and oats…mmmmmm 🙂
This should hold me over perfectly ‘til…
- Fresh Thyme and Vegetable Frittata
- Cherry tomatoes
- Sliced braeburn apple
The fantastic thing about frittatas is that they are JUST as good cold, as they are hot!
Looks like pizza, doesn’t it?
Aren’t these the most gorgeous cherry tomatoes you’ve ever seen?
Perfect to pop 🙂
You know my love for sliced Braeburn apples!
I’m actually really jazzed for this lunch – I love leftover frittatas. You could also put the frittata over a nice bed of greens for a salad…like I did here! Either way – super delish 🙂
You guys I have to tell you – I canceled my morning Mom walk today 😦 Sorry Mom!! I could not get out of bed for some reason! So, I felt this was a good time to remind myself, and share, some tips for getting your boo-tay out of bed in the mornings!
- If you have a timer on your coffee pot – use it! Getting out of bed is a whole lot easier when you wake up to the smell of hot, delicious coffee and you know it’s just out there waiting for you in the kitchen!
- Use your cell phone as an alarm and place it outside your door before you go to bed. Trust me when I say you’re going to hate your life a little when you hear your alarm and it’s not going to be on the bedside table next to you to turn off…but it will get you out of bed to go get it and turn it off!
- Plan to meet a friend or relative at a certain time for a walk, coffee, etc. It’s a lot harder to stay in bed when you know you’ll be letting someone down if you don’t show up!
- If you live with your parents, have one of them clap really loud until you get up…Ok this one is a joke – but seriously my Dad did this every Sunday to get my brothers and me up for church. 90% of me can laugh at it now, but 10% is still pretty traumatized…
- Just do it! Just get up – it’s hard, but honestly 5 more minutes of “snoozing” isn’t going to make that much difference in how rested you are, but it will make a difference when you’re not running 5 minutes late!
Those are my tips friends, now I just need to remember them the next time I try and cancel my walk!
Do you follow any of these tips to get out of bed? Have any others that work for you?