I had some Swanson whole, natural and organically grown almonds on hand this weekend and you know this girl’s love affair with almond extract…so I just HAD to make these sweet and delicious dunkers – Almond Biscotti.
3 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
1 cup whole, natural and organically grown Swanson almonds
1 teaspoon baking powder
Dash of salt
2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup sugar
1. Spread almonds out on a baking pan and toast in a 350 degree oven for 10 minutes, stirring half way through. Let cool for a few minutes and roughly chop. Turn oven down to 300 degrees.
2. Whisk eggs, vanilla and almond extracts in a small bowl until combined. Set aside. In another bowl, mix dry ingredients until combined.
3. Using a hand or stand mixer, pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix until they come together to form a dough.
4. Divide dough in half and form each half into a log about 10 inches long by two inches wide. Place on a parchment paper lined baking sheet and bake for 35-40 minutes, or until firm to the touch. Remove to cooling racks and let cool for 10 minutes.
5. Cut logs into 1/2 inch slices. Space slices out on baking sheet and cook for 16 additional minutes, flipping slices over half way through.
6. Let cool and enjoy dunked in coffee, crumbled over ice cream or dipped in chocolate…mmm chocolate…