Oops, I did it again…
I made another Green Monster smoothie for breakfast! Let’s back up a second though.
First, hello and good morning! Are you totally jazzed that it’s already Thursday, or what?? Second, our air conditioning is broken – ohhhh noooo! It was working fine when I turned it on yesterday afternoon…then all of the sudden, it wasn’t 😦 I am praying that this is a simple repair job, because a new AC is DOLLAS $$$!!!!!
Ok – the GM. This baby held my hunger at bay for most of the morning yesterday, but not quite as long as my standard oatmeal does. However, I really loved how frosty and tasty the smoothie was, how bright and vibrant it looked, and well – it was just really fun to drink! Getting so many nutrients in one meal doesn’t hurt either!
So with the hunger issue in mind, I added 1/3 cup of oats instead of 1/4 cup and I also added a kiwi, since I had it in the fridge and needed to use it. The rest of the recipe and directions are the same as yesterday!
Served in my Minnesota Twinkies glass!
Yippee – so beautiful!
This is just something you can feel good about eating – you know?
For lunch today I packed a mixed green salad with chopped roma tomatoes, basil and sliced strawberries:
A Raspberry-Vanilla AE yogurt:
and some watermelon! (don’t worry, this is almost gone – I was contemplating re-naming the blog “Iowa Girl Eats Watermelon” after seeing how many times I’ve eaten it in the past couple of days!!)
Well today’s high is 91 so I’m not sure if I’m going to make it out for my walk today…and hopefully the inside of my house isn’t melting when I get home!!
So you guys ROCKED last week’s Three Question Thursday with a record number of comments – keep ‘em coming, you know how they brighten my day! Ok, my questions for you:
- If the FDA came out with a 100% natural, completely safe “exercise in a pill” – would you take it and stop working out?
- Would you rather be too hot, or too cold?
- What’s your favorite way to splurge? Eating out, clothes, travel, movies, etc.?
- Hmmmm, I’m going to say…I’d take it 50% of the time. Let’s be honest – as a busy person, this would be really convenient. However, exercise is something that doesn’t just impact my weight and overall health. When I’m working out regularly, I generally make better food choices and when I get finished with a really tough workout, I feel really good about myself. Very accomplished. You can’t get that feeling from a pill! Plus, I’d probably eat way to many Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups if I didn’t have to exercise…
- TOO HOT! I’d sweat my life away every single day if I never had to be cold again! When I’m cold, I hunch up my shoulders and then I get a neck ache and then a headache…NOT cool!
- My favorite way to splurge is to travel. I work so I can travel – I love it – no, I NEED IT!