Last night was great – I cleaned the house from top to bottom, then Ben and I went on a nice, long walk. When we got back it was already 9:00, but you would have never have known it because it was still so light out. Aren’t carefree, Summer evenings one of the best things in life? I happen to think so… 🙂
So, this morning I worked out when I woke up! Since I came home to get some things done after work last night and didn’t get my scheduled 7×400 run done – I woke up early today and ran a 12×400 – or three miles. It was super hot and challenging due to the monster hills on the course I took, but it felt amazing to start my day with a great workout and a hearty sweat. Mmm…TMI?
After my run, I got ready and packed my breakfast and lunch…because I’m off to the dentist! Yep, this lady is due for a checkup – fingers crossed for no cavities. I’ve lasted almost 26 years without any and I’d hate to start now!
For breakfast I packed:
A crispy, Braeburn apple:
Some carrot sticks – random but crunchy and fun:
And an Apple Cinnamon PURE bar!
Let me tell you why I love PURE bars:
- They are certified organic, raw & vegan
- Each bar contains 14 essential vitamins and minerals
- They count as 1 1/2 servings of fruit
- I can pronounce every single ingredient
- The texture of the bar is amazing
- They are delicious!
Honestly, none of the things I listed above would matter to me if this bar didn’t taste great, as I don’t eat things that I don’t like, no matter how “certified” they may be – who’s with me?! I’m excited for the winners of the giveaway to try these!
Look at the big chunks of nuts and fruit – yum!
Alrighty – for lunch I packed a mixed green & vegetable salad with feta cheese, pineapple and mandarin oranges – which are insanely good with this roasted garlic balsamic vinaigrette dressing that I have on hand! Yummmm 😀
And a Lemon Chiffon yogurt!
OH! I need to tell you guys what Dutch Letters are for the people that haven’t heard of them! I guess I didn’t know that not everyone knew what they were – these delicious, treats must be a Midwest thing!!
Dutch letters are a flaky pastry stuffed with an almond flavored filling, topped with big crystal sugar and generally in the shape of a big “S”. They are spectacular in every way and if you’ve never had one, you need to find a way to get one – fast! I ate mine too quickly to get a picture, so here’s one from Kathy McCloy:
Actually, I am feeling SO pumped about these Dutch Letters and the fact that many of you have never even tasted them, let alone HEARD of them – that I’m adding one to the GRAND PRIZE PACKAGE in the Real Simple + PURE Bar Giveaway!! YAY – I’m so excited for the winner to try them! Don’t forget that you’ve got up to three chances to win 1 of 6 packages until Friday @ 1:00pm Central time!
Ok, wish me luck at the dentist!
Oh…you didn’t think I forgot about three question Thursday, did you?! Of course not!! Here they are:
1. Are you afraid of the dentist/doctors? If so, did you have one bad experience that turned you against them?
2. Would you rather have eyes that are always smiling or a voice that makes people calm?
3. What’s your biggest phobia? Insects, heights, Alliumphobia (the fear of garlic?!)
1. NO – I LOVE going to the dentist! Few things compare to the feeling of sparkly, clean teeth and, knock on wood, I’ve never had a scary experience there!
2. I’d rather have a voice that makes people calm. There’s this woman at work who’s got the most soothing voice that I could literally listen to all day!
3. As you know, I have irrational levels of arachnophobia (fear of spiders) and ophidiophobia (fear of snakes) – ahh!!!