Remember when I told you about the photo shoot I was a part of a couple weeks ago? Well it was for the cover of Juice – a weekly “lifestyle” type newspaper for 24-35 year olds in my area!! Check out homegirl:
PLUS Ben was featured too! Look at him chopping his little heart out (and me looking a little insane) 🙂 He was such a good sport about being involved in this whole thing…I love that man…
Thanks for all the kind comments from the people that saw the article/newspaper/online stuff yesterday!!
Alrighty, moving on!
So I am on a workout when I wake up ROLL – two days in a row baby! I can’t tell you how satisfying it was yesterday afternoon when I started dreading an afternoon work out, to be able to remind myself that, oh wait – I already got that done! That is one of the best feelings in the world – boo yah!
So this morning I completed the same workout as yesterday – a 1.5 mile walk with my Mom, followed by a 3 mile run. Done and done.
I’m happy to report that my breakfast sandwich + fruit combo did extremely well at keeping me full until lunchtime yesterday. But, I didn’t feel like repeating this morning, so I made a big Green Monster smoothie instead 🙂
In the mix:
- 2 big handfuls baby spinach
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 T peanut butter
- 2 big handfuls of ice
If you’re new to the blog and are scared at what you’re currently seeing – refer here! It’s not so scary – I promise!
Shout-out to my neighbors to the North.
So cold, so refreshing, so energizing – I’m ready for my day 🙂
Oh but first, lunch! I packed a BBQ Turkey English Muffin Sandwich.
This guy was made with:
- Roasted turkey
- Muenster cheese
- BBQ sauce
- Whole wheat English muffin
BBQ sauce is one of my favorite condiments. What’s your fave? Ben has a really weird thing for ketchup…as in, he loves it more than anyone really should. He told me he used 12 ketchup packets for his burger at lunch yesterday. What?!
I also packed my go-to, lunch sidekick – a sliced Braeburn apple.
Ok – it’s time to head to work. I have a ton of stuff to get accomplished today…because I’m off on Friday! Details to come! 😀 😀 😀
Holy cow – is it three question Thursday already?! My, my, my how the weeks just fly by these days. Alright, read on and spill your guts…
1. If you had to be one age for the rest of your life, what age would you be?
2. Do you prefer chocolate desserts or fruity desserts?
3. If you could be a member of the opposite sex for 3 days, would you do it?If yes, what would you do?
1. Wow, that’s tough…and I even made up the question! I would say 18 because that was one of the best years of my life – I went to college, was on my own, could do whatever I wanted, etc. But if I had to be one age just based on AGE and not past experiences, I’d say 25. Metabolism is still decent, you can rent a car and well, there’s just really not a whole lot that you CAN’T do at the age of 25!
2. Another toughie…9 times out of 10 I would definitely choose chocolate. However, if there’s apples and/or crisp involved – well, it’s a different story.
3. This is very un-characteristically, un-adventurous of me – but…no, I wouldn’t! I really have no desire to see what it’s like to be a man…is that weird?!
Have a fab Thursday, and remember fellow board game lovahs – the BLURT! Board Game Giveaway ends today at 12:00pm Central. DON’T WAIT – GET YOUR BLURT ON for a chance to win 1 of 2 games signed by the inventor of BLURT! himself!