Soooo the ingredient hunt for my recipe didn’t go quite as planned last night… Ben and I walked down to the grocery store and came back with everything BUT what we went there to get! The store we went to didn’t have the ingredients we needed, so we’re going to hit up another one tonight and THEN I’ll share what I’m cooking up!
All was not lost though, because we did pick up – drumroll please – Australian Licorice! I first tried AL from Trader Joes last year and fell.in.love. These sweet, pillowy, chewy, delicious little nuggets of heaven on earth are cousins of the “Twizzler-esqe” type licorice you and I both know…but I’m going to be honest…they are SO much better!
I’m not sure what makes this type of licorice “Australian” per se, but it’s got an incredibly dense and chewy texture that you’ve just got to try. If you have a TJ’s near you, get some ASAP – they come in those little containers that the mini peanut butter cups come in. If you don’t have a TJs nearby, look for this brand in the sweets aisle of your local grocery store – you will NOT be disappointed!!
Well we’ve got another chilly morning on our hands today. I’m thinking this is how it’s going to be from here on out? So long sweet summer? Nah, I can’t think that way just yet – too depressing. Anyways, to combat the chill I had some hot coffee in my new Las Vegas Starbucks Coffee Mug!
I’m sort of surprised Starbucks chose brown as their Vegas mug accent color. I think something along the lines of hot pink would be more appropriate!
To go along with my java I made some Cinnamon Vanilla Pancakes for breakfast, yum 🙂
I picked up some of this Whole Wheat pancake mix at the store last night and combined a serving of the mix with a dash of cinnamon and vanilla, added my water and cooked those flapjacks up right quick on my flat-top skillet.
I drizzled with some sugar-free syrup and dove into the soft stack of deliciousness…
Mmmm… that’s really all I can say. MMMMM! Look at this drippage!
Do you ever make pancakes on weekdays?
So, I’m not packing a lunch today because my Mom is coming down to eat with me at work and is bringing one of my absolute favorite meals – Gateway Market’s Vegetarian Pad Thai! Here’s a recycled pic of the deliciousness:
My stomach is seriously growling right now just looking at this. I am SO excited!
Oh – check out all this fresh produce my Mom brought over from a friend of hers that plucked it straight from her garden. Apparently this is a mere fraction of her latest harvest! Holy moly, I am in vegetable Heaven!
We’ve got fresh zucchini (look at the size!),
and green beans.
Gorgeous. Can’t wait.
So, friends, my sense of time, date and location has been all out of whack this week since I returned from Las Vegas on a Monday. Thus, I didn’t even realize yesterday morning, that it was in fact Thursday morning. Come to think of it, I actually thought it was Friday morning yesterday, which makes no sense at all… Point is – I forgot about Three Question Thursday! Friday is feeling particularly generous and has offered to let TQT borrow it’s morning…yikes…anyways, here they are!!
1. What’s your middle name? Any story behind it?
2. Have you ever met a famous person?
3. Crunchy peanut/nut butter, or smooth?
1. My middle name is Marie, which is the same middle name of my Grandma on my Dad’s side.
2. I saw/met Tiki and Oronde Barber (twin NFL Football players) within 2 weeks of each other. I stood behind Tiki at a stop light in NYC (soooo fine, sorry Ben) and then ONE week later I met his twin brother Oronde at a bar here in Iowa while he was in town coaching a nearby college’s football camp. WHAT ARE THE ODDS of meeting twin brothers within two weeks of each other, in two completely different locations??
3. Ugghhhh tough!!!! I say, smooth peanut, but crunchy almond. There’s something so satisfying about the crunch of an almond. I think it’s the density of the nut or something…
Have a GREAT Friday everyone!!!
ps I miss Vegas…